The keywords are a key concept in SEO. So it is important that you understand how it works since it can have a direct impact on your website’s content appearing on search results pages. Not only that but also the cost of the advertising campaigns you do. But the importance of keyword density in different search engines has changed over the years, and as a result, the question has emerged about whether it still plays an important role in the SEO world. Browse on forwarding website
What are the keywords?
It expresses the content of the pages of your site or your business, and you want to get advanced results on them in search engines. More clearly, keywords are the phrases that visitors use in engines Search to find your site.
The importance of keywords in SEO
The importance of choosing the right keywords is not only limited to creating content but also includes all promotional and marketing activities. Including content marketing and email marketing, it also helps improve pay per click advertising and understanding of competitors. Keeping an eye on the keywords your competitors are targeting can help you build your content strategy.
Types of keywords
it divide into three types according to their length:
This type of keyword consists of two words or a word, and the words in it are generally not assigned, and new sites of this type suffer from difficulty because the competition for them is great.
These words consist of a short sentence of at least four or three words, and are dedicated to the opposite of the short words, so the greater the length of the sentence, the greater the clarity and specification, and in it, the competition compared to the shorter is less.
As for this type, the words are longer than the previous ones, and thus they are more specific and targeted.
How to choose keywords
- Creating a combined list of topics discussed on your site, and limiting them, through that you will determine the topics that you can export through
- Go to Google, and look at the searches related to the keyword you searched for, which you will find at the bottom of the results page, as shown in the following image.
- Use Google Suggestions, which is a drop-down list that Google shows when typing in the search box, and gives you an idea of what people are searching for.
- Use the Keyword Tool, where you enter a word or phrase and it will give you hundreds of suggestions that can help you choose keywords
- Monitor your competitors’ ranking for keywords that matter to you. There are several tools you can use to analyze your competitors’ keywords, like ahrefs .
How to use it
The article title must contain the target keyword or keyword that you are competing with through your writing of that article because the title is the first thing that matters to a visitor when it appears on search engines.
The keyword must be added in the article link because it helps the article appear in the search engines, and because some platforms do not allow the addition of the keyword in the Arabic language in the link, such as the Blogger platform, you must translate the keyword into the English language and place it in the link.
Page description (Description)
Google declared that it was an insignificant element, but it was still showing results to researchers.
The text content of the page or article (Body)
You should use keywords in the content of the page, for example you can put the keywords for the content at the front of the article
Mistakes in choosing keywords
Refining it in a way that does not represent any importance just in order to get better rankings in the search engines
Targeting the most searched words on Google
Hide keywords inside the page:
Some people place it anonymously in the text of web pages
Attempt to target keywords that are not related to the content you provide:
In fact, this is very common, some people try to stuff as many keywords as possible in their pages.
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Bing Keyword Research
- Keyword Tool
- Moz Keyword Explore.
- An important point when choosing keywords is to try to think outside the box and think of all the search terms that people would use in search engines to find your products or site.
- Add keywords in a spreadsheet and take advantage of the data provided by the various keyword tools, to expand your keyword list as much as possible.